At Elizabeth Krueger Design, we love to bring great design to great people. We’re growing quickly as new and bigger opportunities come our way, but we’re keeping our feet firmly grounded in the basics: building positive client relationships, taking a no-nonsense approach to the integration of budget, schedule, architecture, and construction, and always strive for fresh and inspiring design. And because we work so closely with architects and builders, and design for real world considerations, we want to enhance our abilities by adding a technical role to our team.
We need someone who can effectively collaborate and coordinate with builders, architects, clients, and vendors. You will be primarily responsible for managing the translation and execution of technical concepts for all EKD projects, including drawing, drafting, and rendering. That being said, because we’re a small team, you’ll be able to support project management as needed, and contribute to the full design process as your abilities and capacity allow. It’s a fun, challenging, hands-on role, full of variety, and opportunities to see your work come to life.
- Understand both the critical technical and aesthetic requirements of each client project.
- Create 2D drawings and 3D renderings as needed for client, architect, and builder use.
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with contractors and architects in the field and in the office to identify the technical implications of design decisions, and find solutions that accommodate both the technical and aesthetic demands of the project.
- Provide support to the project management process as needed.
- Niceness – we count on each other to be highly effective and have a great attitude.
- Experience in construction and/or architectural processes, including actual project experience.
- Critical thinker – can consider a situation and define what matters more, when and why.
- Process oriented – able to understand and consistently follow the steps and sequences of a process to deliver projects per expectations.
- Highly responsible – doesn’t need external motivation to follow through on commitments and assignments.
- Self-starter – proactively figures out what needs to be done and begins doing it without being told to.
- Organized – utilizes a reliable system for tracking information, status, and work.
- Strong communicator – can effectively communicate with a wide range of people and personalities (clients, vendors, designers, partners) by combining good listening skills with clear verbal and written language.
- Competent in MS Office – able to use basic Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for all relevant tasks without assistance.
Nice To Haves
- Experience managing projects.
- Education in architecture, design, or construction. A bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, architecture, or interior design.